• October 13PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES - NOVEMBER 1ST - 1 PM/7 PM. NOVEMBER 2ND 12/8 PM

Thoughts about the new South Middle School

Kaida Thibodeau

The  Ray-Pec South Middle School may seem exciting and fun, but many students have different opinions on the new school. Some are excited, and some students aren’t looking forward and want to stay at Ray-Pec East Middle School. Some students want to go to South, and some want to stay at East.

The Ray-Pec School District is adding a new middle school starting the 2017-18 school year. Some kids are excited to switch schools however some are not. Changing middle schools when you completed 7th grade at a different one can be tough or to some a new experience for more friends. Zander Brashear is going to the new middle school however he said, “I don’t like the school’s new mascot.’’ Lacey Arello also doesn’t like the new mascot she wanted it to be unique like a dragon or unicorn.

The Ray-Pec South Middle School may seem fun and exciting, but Sean Staudinger is not looking forward to the new middle school. Lacey Arello, Zander Brashear, Isabella Saavedra, and Sean Studinger are all going to the new South Middle School.

Zander Brashear doesn’t think the South Middle School was a good idea; he said, “no all the schools need to be a panther.” Lacey Arello has a different opinion she thinks South Middle School was a good idea because it splits students up, but at the same time she doesn’t believe that it was a good idea. Isabella Saavedra thinks South Middle School was a good idea she said, “yeah the schools are crowded.” Aldon Trageser thinks the new middle school was a good idea he said, “the new South Middle School is more new and bigger for more kids.’’